The Step by Step Guide to the Tuna Pie Recipe
Preparation time : 45 minutes
Cooking time : 40 minutes
Original recipe makes 8 servings
For the pie crust
- 2 ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 3 oz of cold sliced butter
- 1/4 teaspoon fine salt
- 4 to 5 tablespoons cold water
For the filling
- 2 cans tuna, drained
- 8 oz sour cream
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 garlic clove
- 2½ cups grated cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1 cups sun-dried tomatoes
- 2 cup grilled zucchini
- 1 teaspoon dry Chili Hot Pepper Powder
1) Combine the flour, salt in a large bowl and stir briefly until the mixture is aerated. Using your fingers, cut the butter into the dry ingredients until it’s in pea-size pieces that are slightly yellow in color, about 4 to 5 minutes.
2) Stream in 4 tablespoons of the cold water and mix just until the dough comes together. (Add the last tablespoon of ice water if necessary, but don’t overwork the dough or it’ll become tough.)
3) To spread smoothly, roll out the dough on the baking paper and bake as such in the board.
4) Season to taste the sour cream : add to turmeric , salt , pepper and garlic.
5) Season to taste the tuna : drain tuna, crumble it on a plate, sprinkle it with lime juice.
6) In a deep bowl, combine eggs, cheese, with tuna mixture; set aside.
7) Rolling out the dough. Place rolled dough in a greased pie pan, pierce crust several times with a sharp knife to vent. Top with the mixture. Preheat oven to 390°F. Bake for 30 minutes.
Serve this tart warm or cold according to your taste !
Sign up to receive updates!
Submit your e-mail address to receive regular updates!