Food Hack That Can Master The Tropical Coconut Flan Recipe
Ernestine Ulmer said “Life is short. Eat dessert first !”
The coconut flan recipe I offer includes a slight texture thanks to the egg whites until stiff mounted within it.
Learn how to prepare my favourite tropical dessert in 20 minutes : the coconut flan recipe
Preparation time : 20 minutes
Cooking time : 45 minutes
Original recipe makes 8 servings
For the coconut flan
- 1 (14 oz) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 (14 oz) can unsweetened condensed milk
- 1 ( 13 oz ) can of coconut milk
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 4 eggs
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1/2 lime zest
For the caramel
- 3 Tablespoon of brown sugar
- 3 oz of water + 1 teaspoon of lemon juice
1. In a bowl , pour the sweetened condensed milk, unsweetened condensed milk, 4 egg yolks, cinnamon and the finely grated nutmeg and the lime zest. Use the whip to mix these ingredients.
2. Add the coconut milk little by little.
3. At this stage , you can add shredded coconut. In a separate bowl, using an electric mixer, beat the 4 egg whites and incorporate delicately to the rest of the preparation.
4. Place the sugar in a small saucepan over medium heat. Cook gently until the sugar has melted and turned golden brown. Pour into a large, glass baking dish.
5. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Pour the preparation into baking dish over the caramel.
6. Bake in hot water bath (bain marie) in oven for 45 minutes at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). When done, remove from oven and let cool for 30 minutes. Refrigerate for at least 9 hours.
Sign up to receive updates!
Submit your e-mail address to receive regular updates!